19 July 2020
Central Park Towers has obtained the certification of ISO 50001. This certification is for achieving the international standard for Energy Management Systems created by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO). This certification was received based on our continued efforts to reduce our energy use and improve our energy performance while contributing to the reduction in greenhouse emissions.
DEVELOPING AN ENERGY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
ISO 50001 is based on the management system model of continual improvement also used for other well-known standards such as ISO 9001 or ISO 14001. This makes it easier for organizations to integrate energy management into their overall efforts to improve quality and environmental management.
ISO 50001 provides a framework of requirements for organizations to:
- Develop a policy for more efficient use of energy
- Fix targets and objectives to meet the policy
- Use data to better understand and make decisions about energy use
- Measure the results
- Review how well the policy works, and
- Continually improve energy management.
Central Park is continuously seeking ways to improve its asset through international standards and best possible practice.